Posted: June 14, 2015 10:59 am
Do you want to paint a piece of furniture but don’t have the room? Maybe you’re a little nervous about the technique? Do you think you want to do something out of the ordinary and you’re just not quite sure on how to approach it? Sign up for our “Paint your own piece” workshop. You can use our studio space, we’ll clean up and give you the expert advice you may need. Advanced techniques will be shared such as decoupage, stencil, embossing plaster, image transfer, crackle, chipping, primitive build-up, driftwood/aged wood, etc. You’ll have the confidence to tackle any project. We recommend that you have already taken a Milk Paint 101 class, or have some experience painting furniture.
RULES OF THE STUDIO:
1. You must be able to carry your own piece, under your own power, in one trip. Using a dolly is not permitted.
2. Your piece must fit through a single door. If it does not, consider bringing a doors or drawers to the piece you’d like to restyle.
3. BYOB– bring your own liquid refreshments, have FUN–alcohol is permitted, but please be responsible–wine glasses are available for use. Snacks are provided.
4. You pay for the studio time and expert help and the paint and materials ARE INCLUDED. You have your choice of Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint, Fusion Mineral Paint, Country Chic Chalk Paint, and Unicorn SPiT vibrant Gel Stain. You can mix and match products for a one-of-a-kind look.
5. Some projects may require a second session (multi-layer techniques, etc) in which you’ll be welcomed back at no additional charge Thursday July 23rd at 6:00 to complete your piece, or you can choose to purchase the additional materials to complete your piece at home. Pieces may be left at our location 1-2 nights to dry before you transport them home.